- Amber has been used for its healing properties for thousands of years in Europe and is a traditional European remedy for teething
- Plinius stated in 79 AD North Italian women wore amber beads against thyroid
- Hippocrates, the father of healing, (460- 377BC) wrote about the medicinal properties of Amber and the methods of application.
- Thales of Miletos, a Greek philosopher discovered the electrostatic properties of amber over 2500 years ago (500 BC)
- The ancient Greeks called amber ‘elektron’ and was connected to the Sun God.
- In ancient Rome Baltic amber was used as medicine and as a protection against different diseases and some believed amber to have magical healing powers
- In Europe, Baltic amber has been used for centuries as an analgesic and anti-inflammatory
- The pioneer of modern bacteriology, Robert Koch (1886), proved succinic acid has a very positive effect on the human body in improving the immune system and strengthening the body
Home | Children's Amber | Adult's Amber | Care & Safety | Amber Info | About Us | Testimonials | Contact Us